Thursday, September 8, 2011

Nighttime Lies

"People say that your dreams are the only things that save you.
Come on baby in our dreams, we can live our misbehavior"

~ "Rebellion (Lies)" by Arcade Fire


Dreams are boundless. In my dreams, I am limited only by myself. Held back only by the the limitations my subconscious mind places on me. I can do anything... or nothing. It can be a source of jubilance and elation or terrible frustration. A place of love and passion or fear and sadness.

Add to that the misbehavior bit, which, is really my favorite part. Dreams are where all my secret fantasies play out. All the things that I can't say or do in real life. Not to mention it is sort of a seductive line. I actually texted this quote to a guy once and I meant every word of it. I'm dreaming of you... and my dreams are not innocent.

Oh, the nighttime lies I tell myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment